Monday, January 26, 2009

Crocheting again

Soo since I finished the bonnets a while ago I decided to start on the other garnstudio yarn I bought. I bought 100gr. of drops Safran only to realize I actually need 150gr. for the top in my size. To make it even worse I needed a 3mm crochet hook but only own a 4mm and a 2mm hook...
Anyway, stubborn and impatient as I always am, I started the top anyway. Since it's not finished yet I can't really tell if I'll need another skein or not, but since I'm crocheting with a bigger hook I'm sticking to the smallest 'size'. So far it seems to fit and 100gr. appears to be enough, but only time will tell I guess.

Anyway I actually wanted to have it finished first before I posted it online, but today I realized that I had made a big mistake somewhere at the bottom and actually had to unravel the whole thing so I couldn't finish it.... So anyway here's a picture of what it looks like right now.



I'm actually very happy with the quality of the garnstudio yarn. It's so incredibly soft! Especially the cotton-viscose ones, I can't wait to start on those when I'm done with this top!

Anyway, before I came across the Drops yarn I had bought 9 skeins of some brand (I actually forgot the name) to make myself a crocheted poncho. It's very basic because I wanted something that was easy to make because it was my first crochet'project' after a very long while but I actually like how it's looking so far and try to work on it as much as I can. It's supposed to become 1.40mx1.40m and the hole for the head comes in at 55cm. Right now I'm at 30cm after the second skein so I think I have enough.

I think I'll have a hard time 'calculating' where the hole should be because I know I'm very good at messing up at important points of the process haha. :P

Here's some pictures of the 'under construction' poncho





No comments:

Post a Comment