Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dollhouse Drama

I've been inspired a lot by a few people (a lot of people) on youtube.com but especially by Suzi Blu and Willowing. I've always been interested in drawing and painting but the concept of an 'art journal' was unclear to me untill a few months ago. I was browsing on youtube when I came across this very personal art journal and amazed by the way these people told their life in images instead of plain writing in a diary. I realized it Before this happened I had actually stopped drawing for a few years and had forgotten how happy it used to make me to draw.

So I started an art journal. At first it was more an attempt at drawing than an actual art journal but in time the drawings started to actually mean something and I got better at making an image of what I really felt that day. The journal was a small blue molesine like booklet i got from an ikea store a while earlier and was not exactly what I felt my art journal should look like. It wasn't the least bit inspiring to draw in so I worked on the cover untill it looked nice :)

and this is what the cover looks like now:





My art journal isn't filled with pretty images yet but I'd still like to show a few pages that mean a lot to me already:
These two images were both made after a dip and both made me feel ver happy!







One of the things I sometimes find difficult is to show people who I really am. I can be a very loud and happy person but I can be extremely shy and quiet as well....





Though it may sound strange or lame, it really has helped me out a lot :) I don't want to spend my life in the shadows, being affraid of what people think of me.

Anyway, so I got myself (actually I made my boyfriend buy it) a pack of Glitter Glue!! I'm going to have so much fun with it! I'll put some pictures online when I've got some nice drawings :D


bye for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment