Sunday, February 15, 2009

the alpaca top project

Sooo.. I thought I'd let you guys know about the progress I've made on the alpaca top. So far I've finished the front and actually did an attempt to block the work. I've never actually realized the impact blocking has on knitwork! I'm not that experienced and so it's not strange to see that my knitting is somewhat irregular, and even washing and hang-drying my knitting has never really solved that problem. Actually that's one of the reasons I got a bit discouraged when knitting when I was younger. I've always thought that knitwork can only look good and even when you're very experienced, and therefore, all the work you're doing in the past will look uhm.. well.. crappy...

so actually this was a real eye-opener for me! No longer will my knitting look crappy!! I too will produce nice knitting and be proud to be able to wear them :D w00t!

soo.. anyways, let me show you some pictures of my AMATEUR blocking and my (if I may say so myself) nice knitting XD

Ok besides the blocking and stuff I have to say I have absolutely fallen in LOVE with the alpaca yarn!! You know.. being a total amateur has it's pro's and cons. It's soooo good to be amazed at all the things you didn't know before, but the bad thing is that every time you learn something nice you can't help but realize how much you sucked before :P And how much the things you first loved actually suck.. :P
Anyways, here's to improvement!! XD


Yes.. the left shoulder strap is shorter than the right one... blame inexperience.. or the lacking ability to count... (or maybe impatience...)
Anyways... I took the pins out before it completely dried so there's no scallop like shape (thankfully)


And here's a little picture of the happy owner of the knitted hat from a few weeks ago. It's my boyfriends blogdebut w00t!


anyways take care :D

No comments:

Post a Comment