Wednesday, February 4, 2009

handwarmers!

w00h00!! Another busy week and two niiice purple handwarmers! :D I found a very nice pattern handwarmers!
I've actually been looking for nice handwarmers for a while but I never seem to be able to find handwarmers I actually like in the stores.. I used to have a white one and a grey one but there's always something I don't like about them, so I end up not using them and going back to having cold hands/ fingers.

So I've been searching the net for some easy to knit handwarmer patterns since I'm still a rookie and don't have the confidence (or the patience) for something a bit more advanced than pure basic... :P Besides it's cold outside and I really needed something to keep my hands from freezing.


And this is how they turned out! I'm so happy with them xD
they were actually very easy to knit but very warm and comfy! :D O yeah, did I mention they're very easy to knit?

Anyway, since I can knit with warm hands now it thought it was time for a new (and bigger) project. A while ago I posted a picture of the drops yarn I had bought. I have three skeins of blue alpaca yarn which will (hopefully) look like this in a week:

The pattern is from garnstudio.com (Dutch: DROPS nummer 88-18).
It's not a very nice picture because of the light but I guess it's ok. I'm working on the front now and I can't wait until it's finished, tho I have to say that working on it is a lot of fun because the alpace wool feels so soft and warm. The color actually matches my new handwarmers.. lol



Anyways, I'll keep you posted on the progress :D

No comments:

Post a Comment